How can you choose among the thousands of daffodils? Start with this list, for the daffodils that are first to bloom, and last to close out the season, with lots of lovelies in between.
I chose these top ten, must-grow daffodils because:
- They offer a flower show through the entire daffodil season -- early, mid-season, and late bloomers.
- They perennialize well (they'll keep on producing baby bulbs over the years).
- They're Wister Award winners, recognized by the American Daffodil Society as both beautiful and reliable.
- Trumpet 'Rijnveld's Early Sensation', 14" tall, yellow, zones 3-7
- Small cupped 'Barrett Browning', 14" tall, white with orange cup, zones 3-10
- Cyclamineus 'Tete-a-Tete', 6" tall, yellow, zones 4-8
- Large cupped 'Accent', 18" tall, white with salmon cup, zones 3-7
- Large cupped 'Ice Follies', 18" tall, white with yellow cup, zones 3-7
- Large cupped 'Salome', 14" tall, ivory with peach cup, zones 3-8
- Cyclamineus 'Peeping Tom', 12" tall, yellow, zones 3-8
- Poeticus 'Actaea', 16" tall, white with yellow cup, zones 3-7
- Triandrus 'Thalia', 14" tall, ivory, zones 4-10
- Jonquilla 'Quail', 12" tall, yellow, zones 5-9